- (# 8778) BEE Rated appliances in railway wagon
- (#8266) Reduced solar access in buildings.
- Is there any mandatory fresh air requirement for the spaces? SVAGRIHA or GRIHA manuals do not specify any requirement for this. The client suggests that fresh-air will be available through regular door openings
- The developer will not be providing any kind of Desert coolers & Fans in the building. Please suggest how can points be achieved for installing low-energy cooling/heating system?
Criterion 3 : Good fenestration design for reducing direct heat gain and glare while maximizing daylight penetration
- (#8803) Daylight in Auditorium Building
- (#7956) Insolation of building fenestration
- (#874) Insolation value
- Building design to be constructed in villages in hot and dry climate, where glass window is not a suitable option and client intends to use MS windows with iron grill and no glass. So how can we comply with the SHGC requirement?
- Building design proposed to be constructed in villages in hot and dry climate. As it’s a daytime use building, all windows and doors will be open during working days. Should we go ahead with 100% Visual Light Transmittance (VLT) for daylight calculation?
- (#8894) External walls
- (#8562) Blast-proof envelope without windows/ openings
- There are a specific set of external wall materials in the drop down menu of the calculator. What should be done if the project is using different materials / different combination?
- Energy efficiency threshold considerations.
- While considering ‘Sq.ft/TR’, which area, ‘conditioned space’ or ‘total space’, should be considered for calculation?
- If the developer is not providing any kind of air-conditioners, fans & geysers, then how can we achieve points ?
- For office buildings, SVAGRIHA states "Non-applicability: Office buildings can opt out of installing Solar Water Heaters”. So will the project lose two points or will they be deducted from the denominator as well?
- Our project is a government school providing mid-day meals. What should be the hot water requirement for kitchen needs?